What types of equipment can be covered?
1. Editing/Post-Production Equipment - Post-Production, film and video editing, Computer-Generated Special FX Equipment, Audio Sweetening, Animation, etc.
2. Recording/Studio Equipment -Sound Recordings (in studio)
3. Sound/Location Recording Equipment - Sound Recordings (on location)
4. Musical Instruments/Band Equipment - Any & all kinds of musical instruments (used on location or in studio)
5. Camera/Production Equipment - Any & all kinds of camera equipment (still cameras, video cameras, motion picture cameras, grip, lighting, lenses, tripods, and related accessories)
6. P.A./Sound Reinforcement Equipment - Used on location for live events
7. Rented Equipment - Equipment rented from others (Policy cannot be written solely for rented equipment. Rented Equipment cannot exceed 300% of total Owned Equipment Limit.)
8. Office Contents - Excluded unless scheduled
9. Miscellaneous -Any type of unscheduled equipment. Limited to $500 Maximum per item and $10,000 maximum per Policy.
10. Theatrical - Props, sets, wardrobe, puppets, costumes, and similar items.
Covered Causes of Loss
Coverage is provided for scheduled owned equipment and is extended to equipment you rent or borrow from others. If you rent or loan equipment to others you must request a certificate of Insurance naming you as loss payee.
Coverage is provided for damage, destruction or loss resulting from covered losses that include but are not limited to: fire, theft, vandalism, breakage and water damage. Theft from an Unattended Automobile is covered, only if there are visible signs of forcible entry. However, the most we will pay is $50,000 for any unattended vehicle loss. Coverage is provided for the cost to repair or replace equipment with new equipment. If the equipment is not replaced, it will be covered at Actual Cash Value.
If you suffer a loss, you may need to rent substitute equipment while your equipment is being repaired or replaced. Rental Reimbursement covers the cost of renting the substitute equipment for up to 30 days. The deductible is 3 rental days.
The coverage territory is worldwide, except for any country or jurisdiction which is the subject of trade or economic sanctions imposed by the laws or regulations of the United States of America.
1. If the person you rent equipment to does not return it to you.
2. Wear and tear, electrical surge, mechanical breakdown, confiscation by government, dishonest acts, intentional damage, damage while being repaired, and mysterious disappearance.
3. This policy excludes coverage entirely for sub-renting equipment that you have rented.